Sunday, September 07, 2014

WOW!! How Big a Two-Car Garage Is

Today after almost 8 months at the new place with extensive help from my daughterlings, we finished the first complete sort of the garage.  Not all the shelves are up yet and I am still storing the mower and snowblower in there until we get a shed, but already there is room now to work or park a car. The prep was somewhat rushed because I need a place to park a couple of motorcycles for a few days, but it still felt good to get it done.

The work areas are divided into a large bench for hand tools and finishing where there is no power, a power tool area for woodworking, and a general area for assembly or doing repair work (lawnmowers, cars, etc).  Unfortunately bicycle storage takes up a lot of space, though I suspect that will be reduced as the girls start driving.

I have two 4x8 sheets of plywood sheets ready to go for my next couple of projects.  I plan on revamping my table saw with a bigger plywood top and a new fence.  I'm also planning to build a cabinet for my compound miter saw.  Both will be waiting for me to heal from my current back problem.  Hopefully I can get them done before winter.  I am also working on a solar heater for the garage window, which would make the shop easier to keep going in the winter.

No comments: